Monday, November 19, 2012

The Unsuspecting Photographer

Those of you like me who frequent places and events alone, are familiar with the hunt for someone to take your picture for you. This can also occur when you want someone to capture you and a friend.

I'm curious as to the type of person you seek to ask. I usually go for the single black male. One, because he aint got shit else to do. Two, because I dare him to turn me down. I hate when I have to teach them Photography 101 and they still take a mediocre pic!

"Yes, I want a full length." "Yes, I want my shoes in the shot." "Scoot back" "Come closer." "Turn the phone longways" Grrrr!

Mind you no one has ever refused to take my picture for me but I'm always a bit anxious to ask them. I'm afraid to seem thirsty, narcissistic, and alone.

How do you feel when asking or asked about picture taking from a complete stranger?

Here's my most recent pic that I asked from a strange black make. He did ok, but I'd have loved for him to take a couple more. That's another requirement! At least take 2!

Jacket: @tvioletryan on instagram
Clutch: Gifted by Kevin West
Shoes by Jessica Simpson

3 comments:

  1. He did well! It just looks a bit blurry- but that could very well be my janky phone.
    Also, to answer the question- I ask whoever doesn't look like they gon run off with aforementioned janky phone. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When someone asks me I am always willing to take it because I remember before I convinced my Mom and sister to move to this city, I hated not being able to take pics (that was before I knew about tripods)

      Delete
    2. lol yeah @imalover it's distorted only instagram appropriate lol
      @Style4Curves I've got a tripod just no camera. Peanut Butter no Jelly

      Delete