Saturday, July 6, 2013

Missing Substance

I miss substance in my life. Long talks about things that challenge my thinking...To be fair, I most often don't want to talk about shallow topics like beauty/style/fashion. I mean, it's cool to scroll through pics but I think I'm missing balance. A balance that social media can't cure. No one wants to talk about books,culture,stigmas,finances,business etc. it's as of real life has become taboo?  I'm probably just "going through a phase" but I don't have those friends to call up and go over my business plan with or talk about my  feelings to...

What's worse is that I'm to blame. I'm a hard person to befriend. Or I'm looked to as the one with the answers. I feel like I need another outlet. Another community for my real life topics b/c truth is, few of my followers really "care" about these things. They only want to know when my website will be back up 😒

Thing is, I want to have conversation with people. Not only exchange comments, but where do you get that when you are all alone in a city and most people don't care to talk about these things?

I think social media is great for entertainment but it is just not fueling my need for real life conversations about not so shallow things.

I thought about visiting a church maybe? I'm just stuck in a HUGE uninspired,stand still, RUT.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you can look for bookclubs to join in your city or just visit random bookstores/coffee shops? Most times that is where the "thinkers" like to hangout. Church would be a negative for me because the uber religious tend to be very close minded in my personal experience. I understand what you mean..people are usually surprised to find that even tho I am fashion blogger my biggest interest is reading and visiting museums, historical landmarks, and things of the like. Luckily I get to vent to my Hubby about real life issues and topics because most people just don't "get it".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm always honored when you comment :-) Great suggestions. I'll see about book clubs and such. thx again!

      Delete