Friday, November 29, 2013

Velvet, Fur and Net OH MY!

Hey peoples! This thrifted look is comprised of a velvet banded hat, velvet dress, fur stole and suede boots. The hat was about $3 and I purchased it because it reminded me of the lampshade hat Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I incorporated the hat into the look because I'd just had a chemical peel and my face needed protection from the sun, so I channeled a Samantha moment from a Sex and the City episode. Who remembers the episode I'm talking about?

I paired the hat with a thrifted velvet dress which I knotted at the side to give the ruched assymetrical look, which photographed well, dontcha think?
 
The highlight of this look is the dyed fur accent, which I detached from a vintage Angora sweater. I absolutely LOVE this piece and can't wait to accessorize it with everything!

The boots ,which are the only thing not thrifted, are by Nine West and about 10 years old.

I'm dying to know what you think, and where you might wear a look like this to?

6 comments:

  1. ThIs look is very posh and eclectic. It puts me in mind of a movie scene New Yorker, so I would probably wear it out shopping at Bal Harbour or the Lincoln Road shops in Miami Beach (on one of our cooler days)
    www.webreaktrends.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl this look is everything! I love all aspects! Especially the fur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I remember that episode! I loved that series!!!!!
    This look is hot!

    ReplyDelete